Thursday, March 18, 2010

Seedlings in the Sun


This is defiantly the first organized gardening attempt I have ever undertaken- I'm so excited! This year we have quite a bit more ground to work with! So I've decided to try and start some of our seedlings inside and then transplant them into our (yet to be built) raised beds. So far I've started tomatoes, squash, peas, pumpkins, cucumbers, various different herbs, and giant sunflowers (for our wedding in September!!!) We've also started composting in hopes of having some ready to fertilize the soil later in the summer.



Some of my plant babies

It has been so beautiful outside that I have been able to bring the seedlings out during the day to soak in some sun. My other seedling, Green, and I have also been able to spend some time outside. We took a trip to the park with some friends earlier in the week to swing on the swings. I can't believe that he is going to be a year old at the end of next month! He is really starting to develop his own little personality- he amazes me every day.

Green loving the swing (notice the bare feet, it was so warm out!)


5 comments:

holly said...

i know, the weather has been amazing. i've been taking caden to the park too, although i can't wait until he's a little older and can really enjoy it and realize where he is!

EtsyFoodSnob said...

Okay (1) your baby is beautiful!

And (2) I totally have seedling envy! None of my veggies are sprouting except lettuce (boring lol). My herbs are doing fine but my tomatoes, peppers, green onions and beans haven't come up and it's been about 10 days :(

Artesia said...

Is there anything more life affirming then a baby and spring sprouts? Your post made me smile!

Babbidge Patch said...

Rowan is adorable! and nice sprouts ~ spring is here:)

Cathy

kanishk said...

Your post made me smile!
free internet jobs